It is easy to make herbal eye pillows and they make great gifts. They help you to relax, soothe stress or relieve headache. Some people like to wear them to aid sleep.
My favorite online shop for high quality, organic herbal ingredients is Mountain Rose Herbs.
- Stitch two 8-inch by 5-inch rectangles of a soft fabric such as satin, flannel or unbleached organic cotton fabric together, leaving one end open. Chose your favorite color or fabric design. Create an eco-friendly pillow by recycling an old tee-shirt, or pillow case for the fabric.
- In a small bowl, blend 1 cup of flaxseeds with 1 cup each of dried English lavender, chamomile and peppermint.
- Add the herbal mix to the fabric bag and sew closed.
- Lie down; place the pillow gently over eyes for 15-20 minutes. Breathe and relax.
- Discontinue use of the pillow if it becomes wet or damp, but don’t throw it away. Tear open the pillow and compost the herbs inside. Hang dry the fabric then re-use it for dusting or cleaning.