The onset of a headache or migraine is a sign that your body is out of balance, and needs your attention.
The faster the headache is relieved, the faster you can get back to your normal quality of life.
Useful Tips on How to Manage and Prevent Headaches
- Catch it early. As soon as the headache starts, start taking control before it gets worse.
- Take a 10 minute break from what you’re doing and rest in a quiet, comfortable, dark room.
- Drink a glass of room temperature water.
- Breathe deeply, relax your jaw and relax. Gently rub out the tension in your shoulders, neck and temples.
- Get Acupuncture, massage and take Chinese herbs help get rid of an acute headache.
- Talk to your health practitioner for help in identifying food triggers. Common triggers are MSG/DSG, wheat, alcohol, salty foods, processed foods, dairy especially aged cheese. Fasting or skipping meals can also trigger attacks.
- Keep stress levels as low as possible, and avoid situations that trigger extra tension.
- Do not skip meals, stay hydrated with water, and do your best to get good sleep each night.
- Consider the amount of caffeine in your body; sometimes headaches are withdrawal from caffeine when the body is addicted.
- Maintain good posture throughout the day to allow for adequate circulation between your head and body.
- Acupuncture, massage, and Chinese herbs help prevent headaches.
If chronic headaches are a problem for you, consider getting drug-free treatment under the care of Juliette Aiyana, L.Ac.
Many headache sufferers have found permanent relief with Chinese Medicine.
Try Acupuncture. It Works!
Juliette Aiyana, L.Ac., Herbalist, Author, Creator of HealthyStuffU.com
32 Union Square East, Suite 615N
New York, NY 10003