Juliette Aiyana, Creator of HealthyStuffU.com
Licensed & Nationally Board Certified Acupuncturist, Herbalist, Nutrition Author
Founder of Aiyana Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs, NYC.
* * *
Chinese Medicine & Healthy Weight Management: An Evidence-based Integrated Approach by Juliette Aiyana, L.Ac. 2007
Do your patients frequently ask you if Chinese medicine can help them lose weight? With the information in this new book from Juliette Aiyana, you can definitively tell them yes! This clever little volume combines the best of Western biochemical knowledge about weight and weight control along with everything Chinese medicine has to say about this subject. The book provides detailed information on healthy diet, weight loss, weight management, how to eat for more energy, better digestion, and all the other parameters of good health. Juliette gives many case histories about how the Chinese use herbal medicine and acupuncture to assist in healthy weight management and a breakdown of the most common patterns of disharmony you will see in clinical practice. Over 50% of all Americans are overweight. The useful information in this book can help you help these patients who want and need to lose weight. Learn more about this book by clicking here
Other Publication Credits
- Chinese Medicine Times e-Journal, “Post-partum Weight Loss for Nursing Mothers Using T.C.M. and Modern Techniques”. Volume 4, Issue 2, Summer 2009
- Ask The Doctor Columnist for Natural Solutions magazine, May 2007
- Food and diet columnist for the online magazine The Pulse of Oriental Medicine, 2002-2003
- Book reviewer of professional texts and popular books in Acupuncture Today magazine, 2002-2003
- A food & diet article for To Your Health Magazine, Nov/Dec 2002
Interviews for Television, Internet, Print
- Kiwi Magazine; about optimizing fertility with herbs, March 2012
- Martha Stewart Publications Body+Soul Magazine; about herbal relief for endometriosis, Nov. 2009
- Speaker for Medigody.com webinars; Diet & Lifestyle Diaries- an East-West Approach, and K.I.S.S. Method Nutritional Therapy , 2009
- Podcast Interviews with BluePoppy.com, 2007 and 2009.
- Podcast Interview with ChineseMedicineTools.com about Healthy Weight Management, 2007
- Fitness magazine. June 2006, about acupressure points to relieve stress.
- Tapestry magazine. Fall 2004, about transgender health issues.
- Acupuncture Today magazine February and March 2003, about the importance of dietary counseling in clinical practice.
- In New York Interviewed in 2003 Issue about the aphrodisiac effects of the herb Gou Qi Zi