Best Baby Care Products. With so many baby skin care products out there, it can be hard to choose which baby care product to try on your sweet baby’s soft, tender skin. Here’s a list of some of my favorite baby care products for you to consider.
If your baby has food allergies, be sure to read the ingredient list of all baby care products before you buy, each time you buy because manufactures may change their product formulations from time to time.
1. Emily Skin Soothers Diaper Rash Ointment. Best baby care product ever! This ointment is hand’s down (or should that be pants down? LOL) the most effective yet, gentle diaper rash ointment I’ve ever met. We started to use it for our own son when he was about a year and a half old, found it healed his skin so quickly that wondered where this product had been all of his life! The results prompted me to bring the product line into my office to sell to my patients for their babies. The reports I got back from parents were miraculous! They would tell me of babies whose rashes were so bad that the skin was bleeding and peeling off and for which no other rash product was helping, but that Emily Diaper Soother worked to heal and protect the skin usually over night or only within a few days. They all testify that Emily diaper rash ointment is one of the best baby care products around. Visit www.emilyskinsoothers.com to see before and after photos.
2. Emily Skin Soothers Ointments for eczema, skin rashes and cradle cap. The Emily Skin Soothers line also has three different types of ointments for a variety of other sensitive skin problems. I love these products because they do not contain any of the Top 8 Food Allergens. Many baby care skin products contain allergens such as milk, nut oils and sesame oil but the creator of Emily has successfully avoided using these products. When nothing else helped to heal my baby son’s eczema, Emily came to the rescue. Nowadays, he asks for it by name whenever he is itchy, “Momma, I itchy. Can I put on some Emily, pweeze”?
3. Earth’s Best Chlorine Free Baby Wipes. Have you ever felt the stinging sensation of rubbing alcohol on a rash or open cut? OUCH! That is what your baby who has diaper rash or sensitive skin feels when you wipe most alcohol and bleach laden baby wipes onto their little tush. When our son was a little baby, we tried to save money at Costco by buying a name brand “sensitive skin” baby wipe. But when he had a rash or eczema outbreak he would just cry and cry when we’d wipe him. It was due to the chlorine bleach (found in MANY diaper brands as well FYI) and the alcohol in those money saving wipes. These so-called baby skin care products are not so careful about the ingredients and materials that they use. We switched to chlorine free wipes which solved the problem of his stinging baby bottom. We prefer this brand over another leading organic, chlorine free brand because these wipes are larger and of higher quality.
4. Dr. Bronner’s Organic Castille Liquid Baby- Mild Soap. Gentle, organic, fair-trade, unscented, and non-drying. We have yet to find a better baby soap. Our son is four years old and we still use it. I love to use it, too.
5. Mustela Dermo-Pediatrics Stelatopia No Rinse Cleansing Water. We have not tried the entire Mustela baby care product line at home. But I have tried and I recommend the Stelatopia No-rinse Cleansing Water for eczema prone skin because it is non-drying and relieving to irritated, sensitive skin.
6. To find the safest sunscreen for your baby visit The Environmental Working Group’s Safe Sunscreen Database. You can also download the free app for your iPhone.